These days, wigs have become increasingly popular. That’s because they enhance women’s beauty and offer style versatility. And since these wigs come in different styles, colors, lengths, and densities it is easy to find one that suits the fashion style of any woman.
There are usually women who purchase hair bundles with closure and then make a beautiful wig. If you are a beginner, you may find it a bit difficult to create a wig using the closure and the bundles. But this article is here to help you by giving you a step-by-step guide to help you make a perfect and beautiful wig using bundles and closures.
Let’s get started!
• Mannequin head
• Curved needle
• Weaving thread
• Pearl headed pins
• 3 or 4 bundles with closure
• An elastic wig cap
• An elastic wig band
• Wig stand
• Hair combs
• Hair products
Once you have collected all the materials you need, the next step is to take the measurements of your head. Knowing your head measurements can help you make a perfect and beautiful wig. Here is how you can take the measurements of your head.
1. Start with the Circumference Take a tape measure and measure the circumference of your head. Be sure not to tighten the tape measure around your head. If you do that, you could end up with a too-tight wig. If you have a special size, smaller or larger, you need to notify the wig makers before you place an order.
2. Measure front to nape Use the measurement from the middle of your forehead, come across the top of your head, then to the bottom. If you can’t do it well, you can find someone to do it for you to get the right size.
3. Then Ear to ear across forehead
4. From temple to temple round back
5. Lastly, the nape of the neck
• Secure your wig head on the table with tape or on a wig stand. You need to make sure it is stable before you start making your wig. This will make the whole process easier for you.
• Place your wig cap on the mannequin head. At this stage, you need to determine where the front and back of your wig will be. Prepare your hair weaves. Before you start sewing them onto the cap, you need to measure them. You can pin them down to see how many tracks you are going to need to make your wig. If you have one long track, you should not cut it up if you want to prevent it from shedding.
• The next step is to sew the lace closure into the front of the cap. Start by securing it with pearl-headed pins at the front of the wig cap, then use the needle and thread to sew it all the way around along the edge. Don’t forget to make tight knots, especially at the beginning and the end of your stitching to make sure that the lace closure is secure.
• Take your first track and start sewing it to the wig cap from one edge of your lace closure to the other along the bottom edge of the cap (where the nape of your neck will be). When you get to the edge and you have very little track left, secure it with a knot and cut off the excess track. If it is long enough to go another way around, fold it carefully, press on the fold to avoid bumps, and continue sewing in the opposite direction.
• Once you have sewn all of your tracks all the way to the lace closure, sew the last track to the lace closure. Secure it with a knot and cut off the excess track.
• Pluck lace closure. Tweeze the hairs in the lace closure to make it look like your real hair.
• When you are done with the sewing and your wig starts looking like a wig, take it off the wig head and cut off the excess wig cap that is peeking from under the lace. Make sure you do not cut into the stitching. You can also cut off the excess lace if you want to. Once again, do not cut too close to the hair, or you might ruin the whole thing.
• Turn your wig inside out and sew in your wig band and combs. Use the needle and thread to sew the elastic band to the rim of the dome cap, so that it can help you keep your hair on. Depending on how many combs you have, place them on the inside of the cap to add a little extra security to your wig. There should be at least one comb on each side of the head and preferably one at the back.
• At this step, your wig is pretty much done. You can use any moist hair care product on your wig. If you are satisfied with the way the hair looks, you can leave it at that. If you are not, you can style it to suit your personal taste.