How to put on a wig has been asked a million times. There is never a fixed answer. Because the types of the wig are different. Honestly, there is no better, easier way to try any hair color, tailoring or hairstyle. If you haven't tried to wear a wig yet, it's time to use the them. We list 2 most common and popular methods of how to put on a wig. Other ways may have some subtle difference.
Wigs not only have the obvious advantage of being able to switch appearances every day, but are also one of the best time-saving hair styles. Keep reading and find out the methods suit for you.
***How To Put On A Regular Wig?
***How To Put On A Lace Front Wig?
***The Video of Putting A Lace Front Wig
***How To Make The Wig Look Real
***Tips for How To Maintain Lace Wigs
Prepare you hair wig:
When you get a new wig, place your hand around the wig and shake it to loosen the fiber. If your wig is shaped like a ring, use your fingers or comb. If the wig is a bit tangled, use a wig brush to gently brush the entire wig.
Prepare your own hair:
* If you have very short hair, just brush it back and keep it away from your face.
* For longer hair, you can pin it up by making horizontal pin curls from sections of your hair. Spread them evenly over your head to avoid bumps and bumps. Or braid your hair and made a ponytail, then put your ponytail up your head.
* If you have little or no hair, you will need a wig cap to protect your wig.
However, wig caps are recommended for anyone who wears wigs and can be used to protect hair of all lengths.
Please follow the simple steps below to wear a wig:
1. Put your own hair in wig cap and flat them.
2. Apply a powder that matches the complexion on the wig cap.
3. Hold the wig on the back of the neck where the label is located. Tilt the head slightly forward. You will place the wig in a way that you moved back and forth.
4. Place the front of the wig on the eyebrows and slide the wig while wearing the wig cap.
5. Push the front of the wig back until it is slightly below the natural hairline.
6. Place the wigs centered by placing the ears on either side of the ear and not covering them.
7. When the wig feels comfortable, get involved in any loose hair.
8. Apply the matching color powder to the separate line of the wig.
When wearing a wig, the first thing you need to know is which wig to wear: full lace wig or lace front wig.
We’ll show you how to put on a front lace wig step by step. ( In deed, it is also suitable for full lace wig)
The things you will need:
* Flesh-colored wig cap
* Scalp protector
* Wig adhesive/glue (Gots2B glue, Gots2B frozen spray)
* Small adhesive brush
* Blow dry
1. Skin Test
Prepare work: When you want to wear a lace front wig, you first need to do a skin test. The skin test will determine if you are allergic to the chemicals used in the glue or tape that will leave the wig on your head.
To do this, you need to apply a small amount of adhesive to the back of your hand. Then keep an eye for 24 hours.
You will be looking for any redness or inflammation. If your skin is not affected, you can wear a wig safely. If you do feel red, you will want to choose anti-allergic tape or glue.
2. Flatten your own hair
Prepare work: Flatten Your Hair--You can braid short hair into corn rows or mold it against your head using gel and bobby pins. For long hair, first tie your hair in a low ponytail. Then wrap your ponytail into a flat bun and secure it with pins.
It is important to accommodate all hair. You don't want any loose things to poke out. Also, make sure the hat covers the hairline!
Note: It is worth noting that if you are short hair, you can skip the entire step altogether.
3. Protect you skin
Clean the skin at the hairline with a cotton ball moistened with isotropic alcohol to remove body oil and prevent the wig from sticking.
At the same time, apply the scalp protective film with the hairline. This is a must if you are sensitive skin.
4. Try on the wig
Once you have your hair and skin ready, you will need to try on it to make sure your wig is properly seated.
To do this, you need to align the wig with the natural hairline. You can adjust the wig. This is when you want to adjust all the straps that a wig might have.
5. Apply the adhesive
Use glue/adhesive: Apply your favorite edge control product or gel to lay down your edges to perfection with your fingers.
Use wigs tape: Align the tape with the hairline and apply the adhesive to the skin. Make sure there are no gaps between the tape segments. Use a mirror to create a uniform hairline. Remove the back of the tape.
6. Attach the wig
Once the adhesive is placed, you will need to carefully wear the wig again. Carefully adjust the edges of the wig so that the hair of the wig naturally falls on your head, even flush with your natural hairline.
7. Trim the lace on the lace front wig
Trim the lace with sharp scissors or pink scissors so that only 1/8 of an inch is left. You only need to do this the first time you wear a new wig.
8. Style your wig
Pull down the wig and adjust as needed. Flat ironing can help smooth the top and imitate your hair. Press the wig edge down for five seconds to stick it to the skin. Design the wig in the style you want.
Not everyone wants to stick to the natural brown hair that most human hair bundles and frontal leaves provide. To add fun to the matter, coloring the wig is another way to make it look natural. Therefore, choosing the right color for your skin tone is the first step in making the lace front wig look natural. Matching and getting the right color is related to how you paint. Before making a lace front wig, it is best to color the bundle and forehead first, but if it is already made, you can still successfully color it.
Wear gloves when you do this, and apply the color before the lace front wig is firmly placed on the mannequin head to ensure it won't mess. After traversing and applying the hair dye, simply comb the hair with a wide-toothed comb to ensure even hair color.
1. Wash the hair system once or twice a month depending on the frequency of wearing. When using a shampoo system, it is recommended to use a weak acid shampoo. Using a conditioner and rinsing in warm water will make the wig with the clip look soft.
2. Avoid rubbing the trimmed wig hard, as this will increase the chance of hair falling off the wig. It is important not to comb or comb the hair when wet. Instead, the wig is shaped while drying. This helps to stay longer.
Put on a wig properly will make you have a natural look and show your beauty. Africanmall offers pre-plucked natural hairline lace front wigs, full lace wigs, 360 lace wigs, and we have a new design wig-- Pre-made fake scalp lace wig. Super quality but cheap wigs for you.