Hair bundles and hair wigs have been popular for years, but you really know the difference of virgin hair, human hair and remy hair? Many people assume that all hair types are similar or same. Actually, they have many differences that affect the quality and price of the hair. In this blog, you will learn about what is virgin hair? What is remy hair? And what is the difference between them?
What Is Human Hair?
What Is Virgin Hair?
What Is Remy Hair?
What Is the Difference Between Virgin Hair Vs Human Hair Vs Remy Hair?
100% human hair is real human hair, there are no mix or synthetic hair, but do not promise the tops and the ends of the hair strands are in the same direction. It is usually collected from hair brushes and hair that has fallen on the floor. Human hair is much cheaper than remy hair. Because the cuticle for each hair strand tends to be in all different directions. And most human hair sold today is no-remy hair.
* After removing the cuticle, immerse the hair in silicone to brighten it and mask all the stratum corneum that has not been removed in the acid bath. Silicone adds weight to the hair and raises the price because hair is sold by weight.
* At first glance, non-Remy hair looks silky and shiny. But after washing a few times, the silicone layer will begin to be washed away. Hair will gradually become dull, brittle, and easily tangled and shed. For obvious reasons, this type of hair is not recommended for any long-term extensions (for example, sewing). Usually, non-Remy hair is also used in human hair wigs.
Virgin hair is also called raw hair(100% real human hair) which means that it has never been processed by chemically, such as dye, bleach, curled, ironed....or anything. It is obtained directly from the donor's head and is packaged for sale after just washing. All the cuticles are intact and lay in the same direction, thus making it smooth and soft. If the hair you are buying has had any chemical processing steps, then it is not purely virgin hair.
It also should be from one donor, which means the hair bundles you buy should from one same donors(the donors could be from Indian, Brazilian, Malaysian, etc). Since the virgin hair is collected from ponytails of healthy long raw hair, so it is soft, smooth and no need chemical process.
REMY hair has qualities such as uni-lateral cuticle direction, which basically means the hair cuticles all go in one single direction. Remy hair is collected in a method in which all hair strands stay aligned in the natural direction as it grew (i.e. holding the hair in a ponytail and cutting), top at top, and ends at ends, to maintain the natural texture pattern and cuticle direction. This eliminates tangling problems commonly found in non-Remy or low quality hair. Remy hair is only lightly processed.
Price is an indicator of Remy hair. It's expensive! If maintained properly, it will last a long time.
* Their collection methods are different. Remy Martin has short hair and is therefore very expensive. Remy's hair is the best. too expensive! If properly maintained, it will last a long time.
* Most human hair sold today is non-Remy hair. The epidermis of each strand is often in a different direction.
* Remy hair is selected from many donors and mixed together from many donors. Hair collected from Remy hair may have been treated (colored or otherwise).
* The raw virgin hair came from a thick ponytail of the donor, and the hair was never chemically treated.
* Virgin Remy hair lasts longer than non-nascent Remy hair, and the chance of tangling is much lower. In short, all first-time hair is Remy, but not all Remy hair is first-time.
Now you have know the difference between the human hair vs virgin hair vs remy hair. Hope you have a right choice to buy a quality hair. Since the remy hair bundles and remy human hair wigs all come with high price, you must know that, many sellers said that their hair is remy hair but with cheap price, then it’s lie. Even so, it doesn’t mean that the human hair are not good. If you take good care of it, it’s also meet your needs of changing the appearance.